Mount Holly Fire Department was officially established on April 25, 1927. The first meeting consisted of seven charter members. During the first meeting the Constitution and By-Laws were adopted courtesy of the Foamite Childs Corporation. On April 29, 1927 coats and boots were ordered. The first fire station in Mount Holly was located at City Hall. The first recorded fire for Mount Holly Fire Department was at JW Rilesys on March 16, 1928.
The Catawba Heights Volunteer Fire Department was established in 1954 and provided fire protection to the Catawba Height community since 1958. After the City of Mount Holly annexed the entire Catawba Heights area in 1989, the City contracted with the Catawba Heights Fire Department for services until October of 2000. In October of 2000, the Catawba Heights Volunteer Fire Department merged with the Mount Holly Fire Department.
On August 24, 1954 Mount Holly Life Saving Crew was established, and operated separately from the Fire Department. They provided all Emergency Medical and Rescue services to the City of Mount Holly, as well as to communities many miles beyond the city limits. In April of 2001, the Life Saving Crew merged with the Mount Holly Fire Department. After this merger Mount Holly Fire & Rescue was established.
(History Pictures to be provided and sent via email)