Q: How do I get an extra roll-out container?
- If you have a need for an additional can they can be purchased at the Citizens Center for a nominal fee and become the property of the home owner
Q: What day will my garbage be picked up?
- There are 6 collection routes in the city; your collection day will depend on your neighborhood. Our office or the billing dept can assist you with this information
Q: Where can I recycle my used items
- Gaston County operates a recycle connivance center on Mount Island Lake Rd on the north end of Mount Holly. The County landfill will also some accept items at its Dallas Location
Q: What is a Tipping Fee on my water bill?
- The Tipping fee is what pays for the disposal of the garbage/yard waste collected. We dispose of the majority of our debris at the County facility at the Dallas location.
Q: Why are there so many garbage trucks in my neighborhood?
- Mount Holly collects many types of garbage by several different means;
- Automated collection truck for household garbage
- Curbing rear loader truck for bulk items and overages of garbage generated outside the house
- Yard Waste rear loader picks up grass clippings, leaves and other types of tree, bushes debris.
- Chipper or leaf truck will seasonally remove loose leaves or larger tree limbs