Mount Holly Fire & Rescue is a municipal department staffed by both paid and volunteer personnel. The department serves a fourteen square mile district, which includes the City of Mount Holly as well as area in Gaston County. Our combination department is comprised of approximately 54 members at a given time and consist of the following personnel:
Mount Holly Fire & Rescue responds to more than 1,700 fire and rescue calls each year.
Mount Holly Fire Department was officially established on April 25, 1927. The first meeting consisted of seven charter members. During the first meeting the Constitution and By-Laws were adopted courtesy of the Foamite Childs Corporation. On April 29, 1927 coats and boots were ordered. The first fire station in Mount Holly was located at City Hall. The first recorded fire for Mount Holly Fire Department was at JW Rilesys on March 16, 1928.
The Catawba Heights Volunteer Fire Department was established in 1954 and provided fire protection to the Catawba Height community since 1958. After the City of Mount Holly annexed the entire Catawba Heights area in 1989, the City contracted with the Catawba Heights Fire Department for services until October of 2000. In October of 2000, the Catawba Heights Volunteer Fire Department merged with the Mount Holly Fire Department.
On August 24, 1954 Mount Holly Life Saving Crew was established, and operated separately from the Fire Department. They provided all Emergency Medical and Rescue services to the City of Mount Holly, as well as to communities many miles beyond the city limits. In April of 2001, the Life Saving Crew merged with the Mount Holly Fire Department. After this merger Mount Holly Fire & Rescue was established.
To provide the highest level of life and property safety through the existence of:
Station and Offices
P.O. Box 406
Mount Holly, NC 28120
Visit the Mount Holly Fire and Rescue