close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Annexation Request

In order for a property that is not currently within the City of Mount Holly to be part of the City of Mount Holly, individuals must request annexation. 

Documents Required for Consideration

  1. Complete the Request for Annexation Petition (Select One: Contiguous Property or Non-Contiguous Property)
  2. Official Deeds to include a Legal Description of the Property with a "Metes and Bounds"
  3. Survey of the Property
  4. List of Abutting Property Owners
  5. Fee required (see Fee Schedule)

The Process
Read the Annexation Policy here.

  1. Planning Staff will affirm receipt of documents, review, and either process or contact you for clarification. 
  2. Once documents are reviewed and deemed sufficient, the request will go before the City Council who will schedule a public hearing.  If the request is part of a development plan, then the plan must follow the Planning and Development Processes before consideration.
  3. The public hearing before the City Council is required. 
  4. A final decision by the City Council along with the Annexation Agreement must be approved.
Questions? Please contact Brandon Livingston at or 704-951-3017.