In order for a property that is not currently within the City of Mount Holly to be part of the City of Mount Holly, individuals must request annexation.
Documents Required for Consideration
- Complete the Request for Annexation Petition (Select One: Contiguous Property or Non-Contiguous Property - BOTH PETITIONS COMING SOON)
- Official Deeds to include a Legal Description of the Property with a "Metes and Bounds"
- Survey of the Property
- List of Abutting Property Owners
- Fee required (see Fee Schedule)
- Planning Staff will affirm receipt of documents, review, and either process or contact you for clarification.
- Once documents are reviewed and deemed sufficient, the request will go before the City Council who will schedule a public hearing. If the request is part of a development plan, then the plan must follow the Planning and Development Processes before consideration.
- The public hearing before the City Council is required.
A final decision by the City Council along with the Annexation Agreement must be approved.