Floodplains are a natural and beneficial part of any river or creek. Floodplains serve as important stormwater management, water quality, streambank protection, stream corridor protection, wetland preservation, and ecological purposes when permanently protected as undisturbed or minimally disturbed areas.
The flood hazard areas of Mount Holly are subject to periodic inundation which may result in loss of life and property, health and safety hazards. Gaston County has many miles of creeks and rivers, these waterways are part of the community and landscape of our County. It is hoped that everyone will become familiar with the possible hazards associated with these floodplain areas and use the suggested actions to protect yourself, your family, your property, and your investment.
- GIS web site: http://gis.gastongov.com
- Floodplain Management Ordinance
- NFIP: https://www.floodsmart.gov
- NC Floodplain Mapping Program: http://www.ncfloodmaps.com/
- The FEMA Map Service Center
- Enter an Address and view the Flood Map
- FEMA Elevation Certificate
- FEMA Flood Proofing Certificate (FEMA Form 086-0-34)
- Floodplain Development Permit Application (application must be submitted with $100 fee)
Please Note: A Floodplain Development Permit, Elevation Certificate, and Site Plan are required prior to any development activity or man-made change within a flood hazard area.Michael Godwin
Phone: (704) 951-3026
Fax: (704) 827-5672