Welcome to Mount Holly Special Events!
We thank you for your patience as we develop an updated calendar of special events due to the COVID-19 pandemic and its effect on our previously-scheduled 2020 Special Events Calendar. Stay tuned for an update!
Summer Concert Series - Stay tuned for details!
Food Truck Fridays - Stay tuned for details!
Springfest | Golf Classic Tournament - Canceled for 2020
Fourth of July Festivities - Stay tuned for details!
Christmas Parade & Tree-Lighting Ceremony
Details coming Fall 2020.
Mount Holly Special Events Committee
Mount Holly has experienced tremendous growth and special events are more important than ever to our city because they help build a sense of belonging and community pride.
Special events such as fairs, festivals, parades, sporting activities, and others, bring people together from different backgrounds and different neighborhoods throughout the city. Special events energize communities by creating opportunities to interact, celebrate, and enrich people's lives, promote inclusiveness, and stretch imaginations, as well as playing a role in contributing to economic development.
The City of Mount Holly plays a role in special events by helping event organizers bring people together safely, to protect public health, and to reduce adverse impacts such as noise, congestion, and traffic impacts while guaranteeing the public's rights to free speech and public assembly.
MOUNT HOLLY SPECIAL EVENTS COMMITTEE
To coordinate planning for special events, the City has established the Special Event Permit process, overseen by the Special Events Committee. The committee relies on the input of multiple City departments and partnering government agencies, including Mount Holly Police Department, Mount Holly Fire Department, Parks and Recreation, Streets and Solid Waste Department and Administration, etc.. The Special Events Committee's purpose is to identify and coordinate governmental services for events and to determine the appropriate time, manner, and place for proposed events.
NEIGHBORHOOD AND COMMUNITY NOTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
The impacts of Special Events on residents and businesses in our community is real. Clear and broad advance organizer communication is required, and your good work will ensure success for the event and for the neighborhood. Insufficient notification and outreach can result in permit denial. The Mount Holly Special Events Committee is prepared to assist you throughout the notification planning and coordination process.
COMPLETING AND SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
- This form is designed to cover a wide variety of special events, so some sections may not apply to your particular event.
- Skip these sections or indicate "N/A" for not applicable.
- Maps and other attachments emailed should be in JPG, PDF, Word, or Excel format.
- Submit your application and required attachments at least 60 days prior to your proposed special event date.
- It is best to submit your application and all materials as digital files via email. If you are unable to do so, you may submit in hard copy by US Mail or hand-deliver it to the City of Mount Holly's Customer Service Counter on the upper floor of the Municipal Complex.
CITY OF MOUNT HOLLY SPECIAL EVENTS APPLICATION POLICY FOR PARK/STREET EVENTS
+ This policy relates to special events that may take place in all city parks, community centers, and streets.
+ Special events can be defined as a community festival, cultural entertainment, or other special events. This policy and application do not pertain to private facility rentals such as birthday parties, or family reunions. It also does not pertain to city-sponsored special events.
+ Any use/possession of alcoholic beverages must be approved by the City of Mount Holly.
+ The City of Mount Holly reserves the right to decline any application that is not in the best interest of the City.
+ The City of Mount Holly will look at the following criteria to evaluate special event viability:
A. The date and time of year the event will occur.
B. The location, estimated attendance, and parking arrangements.
C. Whether the event will benefit non-profit community organizations.
D. The impact and/or cost associated on the City of Mount Holly services.
+ Must complete Special Event Application and submit no less than 60 days prior to the event.
+ The application fee does not guarantee that you will be able to hold the special event. The City of Mount Holly will associate a cost of services, to cover what it would cost the City in man-hours,
equipment, and other costs. The cost of services fee will be required to be paid to the City at least 30 days in advance of the event.
The Following 2020 City of Mount Holly Special Events Have Been Canceled (Stay Tuned for Updates):
- Monday, March 16: City Summit meeting CANCELED
- Thursday, March 19: Public Workshop Plan Mount Holly Land Plan CANCELED (stay tuned for a link to an online survey)
- Friday, March 27: Summer Concert Series CANCELED
- Friday, April 3: Summer Concert Series CANCELED
- Wednesday, April 8 - Toddler Egg Hunt CANCELED
- Monday, April 13 - City Council Meeting CANCELED
- Friday, April 17 - Food Truck Friday CANCELED
- Friday, April 25 - Springfest 5K/10K CANCELED
- Monday, April 27 - Springfest KidFest CANCELED
- Monday, April 27 - City Council Work Session CANCELED
- Tuesday, April 28 - Springfest Senior Dinner CANCELED
- Wednesday, April 29 - Springfest Golf Tournament CANCELED
- Thursday, April 30 - Community Dinner CANCELED
- Friday, May 1 - Movies in Park CANCELED
- Saturday, May 2 - Springfest CANCELED
- Friday, May 8 - Food Truck Friday CANCELED
- Monday, May 18 - City Council Budget Meeting CANCELED