Dec 04, 2019
Annual Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting Ceremony
Join us for the annual Mount Holly Christmas Parade directly followed by the Tree Lighting Ceremony. The application can be found on our website at http://bit.ly/MountHollyChristmasParade
The parade will take place on Wednesday, December 4, 2019, at 4:00 PM. There is no entry fee to enter the parade; however, vendors who are selling will need to pay a vendor fee.
*Drivers of Parade Participants will not be paid by the City of Mount Holly.
*The City of Mount Holly pays our local schools (East Gaston High School, South Point High School and
Stuart W. Cramer High School) as follows.
Fee Schedule: JR-ROTC - $100.00, ROTC - $200.00, Band - $300.00
*Vendor Fee – Arts & Crafts, Business Selling items - $25.00 - Food Vendor - $50.00
Must complete a separate Vendor Application.
If you are interested in participating in the parade, please fill out the form and return it to:
Mount Holly Municipal Complex
Attn: Cheri Love- Christmas Parade
PO Box 406
Mount Holly NC 28120
For more information please call Cheri Love at 704-951-0074 ext. 1000
*Parade line-up and route information will go out via email on December 3, 2019.
*Number of vehicles & length is very important for adequate spacing in the line-up. If you do not provide correct information, you will be moved to the end of the line.
Float rental checks should be made payable to the City of Mount Holly
Floats are ordered on a first paid, first-served basis
Float rental fees: Whole floats- $445, to add music- $75
Please read the following rules and regulations, sign and date the bottom of the form. Applications turned in without being signed will not be eligible to participate.
1. The City of Mount Holly reserves the right to pull your entry if any part of your entry is obscene and offensive to the general public.
2. The parade will begin at 4 pm. You may begin lining up for the parade at 3 pm. The parade starts at Hawthorne and Central, travels down Central in front of Ida Rankin, turns right on South Main Street and continues to the end of South Main.
3. The number of vehicles & length is very important for adequate spacing in the line-up. If the correct information is not provided, you will be asked to go back thru traffic and moved to the end of the line to allow for adequate spacing.
4. All parade entries and anything being towed by a motorized vehicle must be driven by a licensed driver.
5. Any motorized vehicles being driven in an unsafe manner will be removed from the parade.
6. Alcoholic beverages are forbidden on any float, vehicle or on any person during the parade.
Participants consuming alcohol prior to or during the parade will be removed from the lineup.
7. Tobacco use is not preferred while parade is in process.
8. The City of Mount Holly will be providing Santa. No other Santa's will be allowed in the parade.
9. If you are selling toys, crafts, balloons, or any other item, you will need to pay for and fill out a vendor application with the City of Mount Holly. If you are selling any type of food, you will need to pay for and fill out a vendor application, and a Gaston County Health Department application, a fee may be needed to be paid to Gaston County.
10. Floats are ordered on a first paid, first-served basis.
11. Please watch out for children and spectators along the parade route.