Apr 09, 2018
City Council Meeting Agenda - April 9, 2018
April 9, 2018
CALL TO ORDER BY THE MAYOR
Reverend Jonathan Shelor, Pastor of Second Baptist Church
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Boy Scout Troop 59
SET THE AGENDA
1. Approval of a Budget Amendment for Business Incentive Grant for 107 West Central Avenue, Awaken Art Gallery and Studios
2. Call for public hearing for a request by Crescent Resources to rezone 113.79-acre tract of land off of Mountain Island Road, Tax Parcel ID# 213896 from Gaston County R-1 to Light Industrial Conditional District.
3. Call for public hearing, regarding a request by Smith Southeast Development LLC, to rezone 55 Caldwell Drive, Tax Parcel ID #226178; Caldwell Drive, Tax Parcel ID #226181; and Caldwell Drive,
Tax Parcel ID #226182 totaling 30.8-acres of land from B-3 General Business to Multi-Family Mixed Use Conditional District.
4. Call for a text amendment to Section 3.11 Accessory Buildings and Structures, concerning prohibition of shipping containers as accessory buildings.
5. Call for a text amendment to Section 6.4, Business, Professional and Personal Services, to add tattoo parlor as a permitted use in the B-3 General Business District.
6. Approval of the minutes of the March 12, 2018 Council Meeting
7. Approval of the minutes of the March 26, 2018 Council Work Session Meeting
1. Recognition of Miss Outstanding Teen Marissa Garrison -Mayor Bryan Hough
2. Recognition of Detective Fred Tindall upon Retirement from the Police Dept -Mayor Bryan Hough
3. Recognition of Charles Rogers upon Retirement from the Utility Department -Mayor Bryan Hough
4. Recognition of Mount Holly Police Department Telecommunicators as part of National Public Safety Telecommunications Week -Mayor Bryan Hough
5. Introduction of New Employees -Chief Ryan Baker
6. Presentation of a Donation from the Community Foundation for the use of Greenway Signage and Greenway Benches -Cindy Michael
7. Update on the Awaken Art Gallery Emily Andress
1. Public Hearing for a rezoning of 309 North Main Street, Tax Parcel ID# 123162 from R-8 Multi Family to B-3 General Business -Brian DuPont
2. Public Hearing on a text amendment for Article 12, 13 and Appendix F, Rules of Procedure of the Zoning Ordinance in regard to Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment membership
3. Public hearing to consider amending Article 5, Section 5.20 South Gateway Overlay District D(C) Parking, to allow for frontage parking for a hotel use -Greg Beal
4. Public hearing to consider amending Article 5, Section 5.20 South Gateway Overlay District, C. Design Regulations, Subsection 3. Building Materials, concerning the use of EIFS building materials
PUBLIC COMMENT – Three (3) Minute Limit
1. Consideration and Approval of a request for authorization to execute Nutrient Allocation Agreement with Charlotte Water -Danny Jackson