Public Utilities

Public Utilities

Utilities Field Operations

Water Distribution & Sewer Collection Systems

Mount Holly's Field Operations is responsible for the maintenance, installation and repair of public water distribution and public sewer line systems. The City of Mount Holly is also responsible for the installation and maintenance of water or sewer laterals which extend from the public lines to the water meter or sewer cleanout. Residents own and maintain the water or sewer lateral starting at the water meter or sewer cleanout to the home.

The water backflow cross connection control program is administered by the Utilities Department.

Home and business water flow meters are read on a monthly basis. Please review the City's Schedule of Fees for current water or sewer rates and other fees associated with water and sewer services.

24 Hour On Call Number is: 980-522-0202

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I qualify for a leak adjustment?

If you have a residential account and your usage has more than doubled.

Go to FAQ

Can I get a sewer adjustment when I fill my pool?

Sewer adjustments are not given when filling your pool. We only give adjustments for leaks.

Go to FAQ

How can I pay my bill?

In person at the Citizen Center, by mail or autodraft. There is also a Drop Box located at the Citizen Center in front of the Police Department entrance.

Go to FAQ

If I purchase a home, how soon can I get city water and sewer services?

If the home is connected, average response time is same day of request. Call 704-827-3943.

Go to FAQ

Why is my water bill higher than normal?

Increase in water usage - If your usage is the same as normal, check for leaking toilets, sinks, or pipes. Be sure to check pipes under cabinets, crawl spaces, and look for moist areas within your yard. Please note that if the leak occurs anywhere between the water meter and the home, the property owner is responsible for repairs. The city will make repairs on pipes from the street to the water meter.

Go to FAQ

When is the peak repair time for water and sewer lines, and why?

Winter typically places a greater demand on both water and sewer lines. Repairs are usually needed due to hard freezes which result in cracked lines. Additionally, tree roots will often create destruction of lines as they pursue water from within the pipes.

Go to FAQ

What is a Tipping Fee on my water bill?

The Tipping fee is what pays for the disposal of the garbage/yard waste collected. We dispose of the majority of our debris at the County facility at the Dallas location.

Go to FAQ

What happens when if my water pressure drops?

Water pressure may drop for three reasons:

  1. Waterline is being repaired
  2. City water tank's volume is low
  3. Waterline is leaking

Call 704-951-3015

Go to FAQ

Why do I pay sewer on my irrigation?

To avoid having sewer charges on your outdoor usage a separate tap/meter will need to be installed.

Go to FAQ

Is my meter read every month?

Yes, your meter is read every month either by a person or radio read.

Go to FAQ

Who do I call if I notice major water leaks?

Call: 704-951-3015 or 704-822-2939 (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday). After hours call: 704-822-2928 or 704-827-4261.

Go to FAQ

Create a Support Ticket

David E. Johnson, PE

City Engineer, Public Utilities Director
Phone (704) 951-0074
Mobile (704) 458-1309

Robby Stewart

Public Utilities Division Manager, Field Operations
Phone (704) 951-0074

Ray Clemmer

Public Utilities Deputy Director
Phone (704) 951-0074

Big Oak Creative

Design and Code by Big Oak Creative
Powered By PageCraftCMS